Saturday, July 22, 2017

Summer and the City


It's been hot the last couple of weeks with temperatures in the 80's and 90's. But that didn't stop me from walking around the city. I visited Rockefeller Center where the Christmas tree is lit up at Holiday time, and it's just as nice in the summer. Here is the iconic Rockefeller Center skyscraper. So tall!


Right in front of the skyscraper, there was a podium, and this colorful mural caught my eye.


There are are fountains in the same area, refreshing on a hot day! This fountain featured a dragonfly sculpture, so pretty.


Right across the street, here is Saint Patrick's Cathedral, so unique and beautiful with its Gothic architecture juxtaposed to the modern skyscrapers.


Walking down Fifth Avenue, there are many tourists and shops at every corner.


Here is a gift shop full of New York City memorabilia which tourists love to browse. I hope you enjoyed this little stroll in the city and have a fun rest of summer wherever you are! xx

8 comments:

  1. I think that was the gift shop I was in when I was there. The dragonfly is neat indeed. Can't let the heat stop you from taking a stroll...unless of course you get heat stroke, then it may stop you haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries, drinking lots of iced tea and water to stay cool :)

      Delete
  2. That dragonfly is just gorgeous, Loredana.
    Although it can be a bit uncomfortable when it's really hot, I just love walking around in NYC in the summertime, but I've not been there yet this year. :-(
    Thank you for the tour, my friend, and I wish you a wonderful week ahead!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! It's cooling off now as we're getting a lot of rain this week. Hope you get to visit NYC soon. Have a great week! xo

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!